Monday, August 4, 2008

our Staycation Day



We aren't going away this summer. Between all of Josh/Keith's scout stuff and the price of gas we didn't really have the time or the funds.


I felt like we needed to do something with the boys. Saturday we spent the day in Charlottsville touring Monticello, Michies Tavern and Ash Lawn Highlands. Josh had a nice time as he has recently studied this time period in school. Tim on the other hand was pretty bored. Too many dead presidents he said.
This weekend we are headed to Gettysburg, PA for Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure that won't be much interest to him either. Hard to plan vacations when they are 5 grades apart in school. Especially when it isn't Nick Hotel (kid aspires to the expensive vacations!) He really wants to go fishing so if we can squeeze that in before summer is over he will be happy.

I can only imagine what is "What I did on vacation" picture will look like ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Tim, with his back to the camera, looking totally bored and alone. :)

Poor guy. We aren't doing much this summer, either. We're going to Luray Caverns and I think that museum in Winchester, and we may try to go to a baseball game, too. I want them to have SOMETHING to write about on the first day of school when they do their "what I did this summer" essays. :)