Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight

I've been hearing all the buzz about the teenage Vampire series by Stephenie Meyer. Even though the intended audience was probably teenagers, seems to me that all the hype I hear is coming from adults.

I'm on page 137 of the first book. So far I don't think I'm very impressed. Maybe I've been spoiled by the Anne Rice books I loved when I was in college? (I'm sure there are many out there that don't think THOSE books are worthy) Maybe I'll change my mind as the series unfolds? I normally give a book to page 100. If it hasn't caputured me, I move along to the next one on my pile. I'm going to give this one a little longer. I'll keep you posted.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am interested to know what you think! I am so clueless about this whole twilight phenomenon. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book...

Jenny said...

I have not jumped on the Twilight train either. Usually when there's this much hype about something I'm all over it...maybe I don't want to get sucked in.

Thanks for all your ideas on the teacher's gift. Kristen & I both have the same dilemma - our kids are in the same class. I'm thinking a gift card is the way to go.

jana said...

I've read the first two books, and am in the middle of the third.

They take a looooong time to get going. I have to keep reminding myself that they are written for teenagers, and to not be too harsh in judging them.

The concept is a fun one, and I found them to be entertaining and quick to read. Just slow to get the story going at first... maybe the author is trying to build suspense?

With that said, even though I enjoyed them, I think that they are way over-hyped. Again, they are written for teenagers though, so maybe I'm being too judgy.